Board of Directors
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is a when the board of Directors governing RSOSCS will be elected.
The 4 executive positions must be filled for our Center to remain open and operate normally. We also have up to 4 Director at Large positions.
All parents/guardians of
children registered at the center automatically become members of RSOSCS and
have a right to vote at any board meeting. Parents/guardians are encouraged to
join the board, attend monthly meetings and the annual general meeting to take
part in running RSOSCS.
Board of Directors Description of Responsibilities
The Chairperson shall be an ex-officio member of all committees; preside at all meetings of the Society; collaborate with the Executive Director of the Society; act as a signatory on cheques when the Treasurer is not available; provide leadership for the Society and the Board of Directors; ensure agendas are prepared for all meetings
The Vice-Chairperson shall assume the duties of the Chairperson in his/her absence; chair the Nomination committee
The Secretary shall ensure that accurate minutes are kept of all meetings; have charge of all correspondence under the direction of the Chairperson and the Board of Directors; assist the Chair to prepare meeting agendas. In the absence of the Secretary, his/her duties shall be fulfilled by another Director, appointed by the Directors
The Treasurer shall provide guidance and advice to the
Board of Directors on financial matters; act as signatory on cheques and legal
documents for the Society; present financial reports to the Board of Directors
at each board meeting; provide an audited statement of the financial position
of the Society at the Annual General meeting and submit a copy to the Secretary
for the records
- The Board of Directors shall, subject to the bylaws or directions given it by a majority vote at any meeting properly called and constituted, be responsible for the Affairs of the Society, including the Society’s mission and purpose, financial health, sufficient and appropriate human resources, community relations, fund raising, effective planning as well as legal and ethical integrity
- The Board of Directors shall be responsible for hiring an Executive Director, who shall carry out the day-to-day of the Society. The Executive Director shall implement the policies and procedures of the Society; enable the Board of Directors to fulfill its governance function; manage the Centre’s operations on a daily basis and be consistent with the Society’s mission and stated business plan, including (but not limited to) receipt and deposit of all monies paid to the Society, maintenance of book keeping to account for funds, accuracy of minutes, hiring staff
- The Board of Directors is empowered to appoint to committees as it deems necessary and manage or appoint a member to manage the affairs the Society in unforeseen circumstances
- Except for the Executive Director, the Board of Directors will act without remuneration
- For the purpose of carrying out its objectives, the
Society, may receive money in such a manner as is deemed necessary and proper
The Board of Directors is comprised of parent volunteers from our child care program who meet once a month to help give guidance for the direction of the centre through policy development and strategic planning.
Current Board Members
Chair: Stacy E.
Vice Chair: Darin B.
Treasurer: Mindy R.
Secretary: Amina K.
Director at Large: Abid M.
Director at Large: Daisy W.
Director at Large: Bhavin S.
All families of the R.S.O.C.S. automatically become members of the society. An Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held every April to elect in a new board.